Home for Wayward Sluts: Sex and the Law: Retards http://kinkunveiled.blogspot.ca/?zx=8dcd321b700cd6d8

Sunday, 15 December 2013

Sex and the Law: Retards

This will probably be my least politically correct post to date.

This is a series of controversial topics involving sex and the law.  This one is on sexual harassment and unwanted contact. This series may challenge your system of values. If you disagree with me...let me know why and tell me if there is something I completely missed -- maybe I'll reverse my opinion when this new bit of insight comes to light.

Also note: I am arguing from the perspective of devil's advocate. I recognize that the things I am saying challenge societal norms and I because I am putting the ideas forward does not mean I practice nor wish to practice the things discussed.  So if I argue in favor of bestiality, don't take it as me expressing an urge to sex with goats: I'm just looking at things from a different angle.

So let's talk about retards. First off I'll cover the word itself.  Then I'll talk about consent and finally reproduction --all having to do with the law.  

What you don't like the word retard?? Did you know the word retard was the politically correct word that replaced offensive terms like idiot, moron and imbecile. You see, the word retarded was not intended to be derogatory.   The word itself means 'slowed, delayed or held back in terms of progress' and I think it is very accurate and descriptive. The problem with it, or any term to describe mentally retarded people is that the word will eventually become an insult.  FYI, the now `supposedly correct` phrase is `intellectual disability`.

Being called a retard, an idiot, or having yourself labelled as one with an intellectual disability when this doesn't actually apply to you -- shocker alert! -- IS an insult. And people will continue to insult each other's stupid choices and actions because they are people. I can't say changing a label ever having any impact on this whatsoever.  Now if you are a retard or 'intellectually disabled' well, then it's just accurate. You're going to have to deal.   

If someone can't hear well and they get called deaf...is it an insult? Or simply descriptive? I argue that calling a mute girl mute is just a way of describing her accurately. No insult is intended...it just is.   Now a girl who doesn't speak much being called 'mute' might be an insult... but it's not a slander against mute people...it's saying that this girl doesn't speak at all when she could!

Retards vs Intellectual disability (Alzheimer's patients, dyslexics (awesomely easy-to-spell-word), and my word of the day:  Dyscalculia  (Dyscalculia is difficulty in learning or comprehending arithmetic, such as difficulty in understanding numbers, learning how to manipulate numbers, and learning maths facts. It is also not recognized by this blog's spell check. :o)  )


Ok, now that we`ve got that out of the way...let`s talk about sex, retards and the law.  In Canada, in February 2012 mentally retarded people were given the right to testify at trials -- which is especially good considering cases of sexual abuse against them. Prior to that, the Canadian Evidence Act (passed way back in 1893) said that they were incompetent to testify. So that`s a very good thing.

On the flip side, the Harper government recently passed a law saying that mentally challenged sex offenders could pretty much be locked up indefinitely to protect the public...so yeah, there`s that.

Sure, we've progressed from the days were mentally retarded people were sterilized without their
consent...but how far have we come?

A mentally retarded person cannot consent to having sex and so it`s illegal for anyone (who isn`t mentally retarded??) to have sex with them? How fair is that? So they can't fully grasp the complexities of sex so they are sentenced to not being allowed to have sex at all. That doesn't seem fair to me at all. I'm going to assume they have similar urges to normal people...and yet there is no outlet for them at all? QQ

And is it not possible for a retard to grasp the concepts of pleasurable touching and think they would like to enjoy it? Is it within our rights to deny them?  And what about a person who falls in love with a retard (it could happen) so...they are automatically a sex offended if they get caught...even if both of them are very willing and there is no harm being done?  I get that these laws are in place to protect the retards.  But if I had a law saying that no one could legally have sex with me, ever, I'd be pretty pissed off!  So my question is...is there a middle ground?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment